Boys are easier to shop clothes for-this is the common conception people have known for ages. This is true, in a way; boys, after all, do not need to wear dresses, and they can get away with simpler attires. But boy’s kid’s clothing can still be a complex matter. Boy’s clothing, for one, is pricier. A trendy shirt for boys, for instance, can cost several dollars; a smart shopper, on the other hand, can easily find a chic shirt for a girl for less. Boys-toddlers and pre-teens, most especially-are also pickier when it comes to kid’s clothing. These factors require parents to shop frugally and intelligently, if they want to provide good kid’s clothing that their sons would love. Here are eight ways on how to shop for affordable boys’ kid’s clothing:
1. For boys, simplicity is the key. Choose styles that are versatile-which means they can be both trendy and safe according on how you use specific kid’s clothing pieces. Pairing a simple shirt with a chic print with jeans is safe. But when you pair the same shirt with short jeans, bright sneakers, a cap, and a scarf, it comes off as edgy and creative.
2. Many kid’s clothing fashion experts say you need to choose boys’ clothing pieces that are in basic colors. But this is extremely uncreative. Instead of concentrating on basic colors, buy upper body clothing and lower body clothing in two sets: one in basic colors and the other in more experimental prints and style. This will allow you to mix and match your basic and creative kid’s clothing pieces. It’s safe and fashionable at the same time!
3. As with girl’s kid’s clothing, take note of the essentials for boy’s clothes. Ten shirts, five pants, three sweaters, and three coats (one for every season except summer) are the essentials. If your family attends formal gatherings often, you may want to buy formal boys’ kid’s clothing.
4. Create a budget for clothes shopping before you buy the boys’ kid’s clothing basics (shirts, pants, shorts, socks, underwear, school shoes). Coats, sweatshirts, jackets, and other non-essentials (basically items your kids wouldn’t wear for everyday use) should be purchased after the essentials.
5. Take note of trends popularized by the media, as well as products that are tie-ins of popular kid’s shows. Boys are usually the target of marketing (mainly because a lot of the popular shows for kids are targeted for them). If you can, indulge your kid to at least one frivolous fashion item based on these trends. Limit such purchases. As the norm with trends, your son will forget about these trendy kid’s clothing pieces as soon as the hype has passed.
6. Shop with a specific plan in mind. Of course, this tips works for every shopping task. In any case, know what kid’s clothing piece you need to buy-and do not buy anything that goes past this specific item.
7. Consider sales and promotions. Time your kid’s clothing shopping. If you are after affordable clothes instead of fashionable clothes, for instance, do not buy winter clothes you’d use for that year during winter.
8. If all else fails, go online! Online kid’s clothing stores offer the best selections for both boy’s clothing and girl’s clothing-and they offer the best discount too!